Welcome to Stick Shed Studio. Thanks for stopping by. I am a tapestry weaver with a background in photography and graphic design. My journey with natural fibers is an ongoing one. As far back as I can remember, I have always needed to be creative in some way. As a little girl I was taught to tat, knit, embroider and sew. It was always the yarns and wool that fascinated me the most. Add that to my equal fascination with quality craftsmanship, primitive art, and concern for our planet and it’s inhabitants and you will begin to understand why I weave what I weave.
I spend most of my time in my studio standing at my Rio Grande loom, weaving tapestries and rugs. I also knit and have recently reignited my interest in drawing, for design planning purposes.
I belong to a community of wonderful weavers. We all congregate twice a week at the Damascus Fiber Arts School where we are under the tutelage of Audrey Moore and Terry Olson. I have attended on and off for over 30 years. The last 9 years I have been attending on a regular basis and fall term 2015 I began assisting Audrey, teaching Tapestry on the Navajo Style Loom
- 2016 – Fiber Celebration 2016: Northern Colorado Weavers Guild annual juried show, marking its 42nd year in 2016. The exhibition dates are July 13 – August 6, 2016, Community Creative Center, Historic Carnegie Building, 200 Mathews St. Fort Collins, Colorado. Awarded “Best in Show” and “Best Use of Color”
- 2016 – Tapestry Unlimited: 11th International, unjuried small format tapestry exhibition will be held at the Milwaukee Public Library, Central Branch, 814 Wisconsin Av, Milwaukee, Wisconsin July 26 – August 11, 2016. Reception August 5 12:00 – 2:00pm. American Tapestry Alliance
- 2015 – Coastal Fiber Arts Exhibit: Sponsored by the Astoria Visual Arts, the 3rd biannual COASTAL FIBER ARTS 2015 was a juried exhibit that was held at the Heritage Museum 1618 Exchange, Astoria, Oregon from August 6 – September 15, 2015. Opening Reception Thursday, August 6 from 6 to 8pm.
- 2015 – All Dressed Up: handwoven tapestry show at Latimer Quilt and Textile Center, 2105 Wilson River Loop Rd, Tillamook, Oregon, 97141 (503) 842-8622, May 4-July 5, 2015, Opening reception Sunday, May 17, 2015
- 2014 – Tapestry: Constructed from Strings: Contemporary Small Handwoven Tapestry at Doll Gardner Art Gallery, Portland, Oregon September 7 – October 2. Invitational.
- 2014 – Untitled/Unjuried small format tapestry : July 8 – August 8 at the University of Rhode Island Feinstein Providence Campus Gallery, Providence, rhode Island. American Tapestry Alliance
- 2013 – Small Tapestry International 3-Outside the Line, a juried show sponsored by the American Tapestry Alliance. Two venues included the Handforth Gallery, Tacoma Public Library, June to August 2013. The Troy Hayner Cultural Center in Troy, Ohio September through December 1, 2013.
- 2012-PACIFIC PORTALS – American Tapestry Alliance, Long Beach, California, unjuried.
- 2012-Open Barn Daze-Dancing Cow Farm Exhibit & Demonstration, Prineville, Oregon, invitational
- 2011-Mountain High-Timberline Lodge 75th Anniversary, Government Camp, Oregon, invitational
- 2011-Damascus Fiber Arts School-Sandy Public Library, Sandy, Oregon, invitational
- 2011-Open Barn Daze-Dancing Cow Farm Exhibit & Demonstration, Prineville, Oregon, invitational
- 2010-Enchanted Pathway-American Tapestry Alliance, Santa Fe, New Mexico, unjuried.
- 2010-Open Barn Daze-Dancing Cow Farm Exhibit & Demonstration, Prineville, Oregon, invitational
- 2009-Open Barn Daze-Dancing Cow Farm Exhibit & Demonstration, Prineville, Oregon, invitational.